Alternative Name :-Stick Posture/ Pose, Yastika Asana, Yastik Asan
This asana is also a resting pose or stretch. One can easily do this asana.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Lie on the back. Extend legs fully.
- Inhale 3 seconds stretch arms towards head.
- Stretch toes and fingers outwards.
- Exhaling, return to normal.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Retain this stretch for 6 seconds, and release the tension of the stretch while exhaling 3 seconds.
How it help or Benfits of Yastikasana:-
- This is an excellent pose as it offers complete stretch to the thighs, arms and spine followed by complete relaxation.
Precaution of Yastikasana:-
- Not for the persons who have acute cardiac problems, kyphosis.