Alternative Name :-Hero Posture/ Pose 1, Veera or Vira Asana, Veer or Vir Asan, Veerasana
The Hero Yoga Pose is one of the basic sitting postures, also excellent for Meditation. The internal rotation of the upper legs and knees is opposite to the movement involved in Lotus Yoga Pose; as such, it both loosens the hips, knees and ankles in preparation for the Lotus and acts as a mild counterpose. The Hero is also the starting Yoga Position for several forward bends, backward bends, and twists.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Start in a kneeling position.|Keep the knees together as you separate the feet bringing your butt down to the floor between your feet.|Make sure that you are not sitting on the feet, but between them.|Make sure the feet stay pointed straight back, not inwards or outwards.
- How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Release the posture and relax in any comfortable pose.
How it help or Benfits of Virasana-1:-
- Stretches the thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Strengthens the arches.
- Improves digestion and relieves gas.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.|Reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester).
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure and asthma.
Precaution of Virasana-1:-
- Not for the persons who have heart problems.
- Headache: Practice this pose lying back on a bolster.
- Knee or ankle injury: Avoid this pose unless you have the assistance of an experienced instructor.