Alternative Name :-Chair Posture, Difficult Pose, Hazardous pose, Akward Pose, Fierce Pose, Utkata Asana, Utkat Asan, Hardening Legs Like Steel
Utkatasana is often called "Chair Pose." To the external eye, it looks like a yogi sitting in an imaginary chair. When you do the pose, however, it is definitely not a cushy, passive ride. A deep squat, Utkatasana immediately engages the strength of your legs, back, and ankles. The literal translation of the word "utkatasana" from Sanskrit is "powerful pose."
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- From Mountain Pose (Tadasana) bend the knees until the thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
- Keep the butt low.
- Bring the arms up towards the ceiling.
- Bring a slight back bend into the upper back.
- Hold it about 5-10 breaths.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Stay for 30 seconds to a minute. To come out of this pose straighten your knees with an inhalation, lifting strongly through the arms.
- Exhale and release your arms to your sides into Tadasana.
How it help or Benfits of Utkatasana:-
- Strengthens the thighs.
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine.
- Stretches shoulders and chest.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs, diaphragm, and heart.
- Reduces flat feet.
Precaution of Utkatasana:-
- Not for the persons who have Headache, Insomnia, low blood pressure.