Alternative Name :-Side Bending Stretch Pose, Swaying Palm Tree Pose, Tiriyaka-Tada-Asana, Triyak-Tad-Asan.
Tiriyaka-Tadasana is a swaying tree stretch. This pose can be seen in trees when wind is blowing.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Take the same position as Tadasana without lifting the heals.
- Stretch the body up and bend towards left from waist and hold the position for some time.
- Come back to pre-position and relax.|Bend towards right and hold for some time.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- To release, come back to pre-position and relax your body.
How it help or Benfits of Tiriyaka-Tadasana:-
- Cleanses and tones the entire gastrointestinal tract.
- Excellent for excess tamas and rajas, very cooling in summer, lightens the mind and attitude, good for depression.
- It removes toxic conditions of the blood and tissues that are caused by intestinal waste product fermentation, putrefaction, and decomposition thus increasing the function of the intestines, It thus relieves flatulence, constipation, acidity, indigestion, menstrual cramps, asthma, acne and boils etc.
Precaution of Tiriyaka-Tadasana:-
- Not for the heart patients, the very debilitated, and those suffering from high blood pressure, edema, ascites, and serious diseases of the intestines without supervision of a yoga therapist.