Alternative Name :-Tiryaka-Paschimotanasana, Cross Back-stretching Posture, Alternate/ Crossed seated forward bend pose, Tiriyak Pashchim Uttan Asan, Tiriyaka Pashchima Uttana Asana, Paschimottana, Paschimotana, Pashchimottanasana
This asana is a type of forward bend with crossed hands. In this asana left hand touches the right foot and vice-versa.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Start with sitting in Dandasana .
- Bend forward and touch your left foot with right hand.
- Remain in the position for some time and then do it again with right foot touching by left hand.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- To release, come back in sitting position and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Tiriyaka-Paschimottanasana:-
- It stretches the muscles of back and legs.
- It also makes the back area flexible.
Precaution of Tiriyaka-Paschimottanasana:-
- Not for the persons who have recent or chronic knee injury.