Alternative Name :-Supine Child with Spinal Rocking posture, Sleeping Child Posture, Sleep Baby Pose, Foetus Pose, Supt Bal Asan, Supta Bala Asana, Nidra Garbhasana, Neend Gharbha Asana, Sota Gharabh Asan
This asana is a spinal rocking child pose. Because it looks like a child spinal rocking pose, that is why, it is called sputa-garbhasana.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Sit in Padmasana and lie down on your back.
- Like kukkutasanatake out the hands from in between the thighs and calf muscles.
- Tie the hands at the back.
- This can also be done by holding the neck or ears with the hands.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- To release, Come back to the starting position of padmasana and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Supta-Garbhasana:-
- Stretches the lower back and hips.
- This is a good yoga position to relax in during fatigue.
Precaution of Supta-Garbhasana:-
- Not for the persons who have the injury of back.