Alternative Name :- Corpse Posture, Most-relaxed Pose, supine posture, Savasana, Shav Asan, Sava Asana, Shava Mudra, Mritasana, Mrita, Mrit, Dead pose
We can truly get in touch with the deepest of Anahata Chakra through Shavasana. In this asana, as we release the whole of the body into the ground and allow the full effect of gravity to flow through us then we restrain and retain Vayu Tattva.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Lie down quietly on your back like a corpse.
- Rest your arms at your sides and your palms facing up.
- Clear your mind of thoughts.
- Take long deep breaths and be in a perfectly relaxed condition.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Stay in the pose for ten minutes and then release the pose.
How it help or Benfits of Shavasana:-
- This asana relaxes the body, calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- It also reduces headache, fatigue, and insomnia.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
Precaution of Shavasana:-
- Back injury or discomfort: Do this pose with your knees bent and your feet on the floor, hip-distance apart; either bind the thighs parallel to each other with a strap (taking care not to position the heels too close to the buttocks) or support the bent knees on a bolster.
- In the case of pregnancy: Raise your head and chest on a bolster.