Alternative Name :-Extended Shoulder Stand, Viprita Karni Asan/ Mudra, Viprit Karani Mudra, Saravanga/ Sarvanga Asana, Sarvang Asan.
This is the variation of Sarvangasana-1. This pose is more difficult than first pose because in this asana no support to the back will be given.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Start from Supported Shoulderstand Pose (Sarvangasana-1).
- Let your both arms rest on the ground towards your back.
- Be in the position for some time.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- To release, let your legs down on the floor, make yourself relax in a comfortable posture.
How it help or Benfits of Sarvangasana-2:-
- This asana has the stimulating power of tonics.
- The entire body is toned with increased blood flow.
- Toxin-forming waste matter is easily eliminated.
Precaution of Sarvangasana-2:-
- Pregnancy: If you are experienced with this pose, you can continue to practice it late into pregnancy. However, don't take up the practice of Sarvangasana after you become pregnant.
- Not for the persons who have the problem of diarrhea, headache, high blood pressure, menstruation, neck injury.