Alternative Name :-Frog Pose, Froggy Posture, Manduka Asana, Manduk Asan.
The shape of this formation resembles a frog, so that’s why this asana is called Mandukasana. In sanskrit frog is called a manduk.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Sit in Vajrasana with both the legs bent in the rear.
- Keep both the paws of the legs touching each other.
- Keep both the heels opened out. Sit with waist and back straight supporting the buttocks on the two heels.
- Now separate the knees as far apart as possible. This is Manduk sitting.
- Now for Mandukasana bring both the knees in the front touching each other.
- Close both the fists of the hands and keep them on the belly on both the sides of the navel.
- Lower the body in front and let the forehead touch the ground.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Come back in first position and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Mandukasana:-
- Mandukasana improves functions of all organs.
- It is advised in the treatment of constipation, diabetes and digestive disorders.
- This asana is effective in reducing the weight of thighs,hips and the abdomen.
- This asana strengthens the lower parts of the loins.
- This asana increases sexual ability.
- It removes the defects of the reproductive system of women.
- This asana stimulates the digestive system.
- It benefits which Padmasana gives can be obtained from this asana also.
Precaution of Mandukasana:-
- Not for the people who are suffering from peptic or duodenal ulcer, severe back pain and cardiac problem, and patients who have undergone abdominal surgery.