Alternative Name :-Crocodile Pose, Croco Posture, Dolphine, Makara Asan, Makar Asan, Makr, Magar, Magarmachh, Magarmach, Ghadial Asana, Makrasana
This asana is equal as makarasana-2 but in this asana legs are folded.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Lie down in prone position (Advasana) .
- Both the legs will be together, palms resting on the ground, hands by the side of the body.
- Now take your hands in front of your face, lift your face and let both of your hands rest on the both sides of your chin.
- Now lift both of your legs upwards and rest your heels on your upper thigh joints.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Remain in the posture for some time and then release the posture and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Makarasana-3:-
- It is very useful in Spondylitis of Lumber region.
- It also maintains flexibility of Backbone and gives exercise to the nerves attached to the spine.
- This is also beneficial in Sciatica Problem.
Precaution of Makarasana-3:-
- If some one has Cancer or T.B. of the backbone it should not be practiced.