Alternative Name :-Cock Posture, Cockerel, Kukkut Asan, Kukkuta Asana.
Kukkuta is a Sanskrit word which means a cock.This asana resembles that of a cock and hence the name is Kukkutasana. It is also an exciting variation of padmasana (lotus). Although it is difficult to master, but once accomplished you’ll be working yourself every day to perform it.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Firstly, sit in a Padmasana(lotus pose).
- Insert your hands in between the thighs and calf muscles as far as the elbow.
- Now take a deep breath and raise the body above the ground, balancing on the palm.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Slowly come back in the lotus position.
- Sit in a relaxed manner for a while and then repeat again.
How it help or Benfits of Kukkutasana:-
- It strenthens the muscles of the arms, shoulders and chest.
- The muscles of the abdomen are also stretched and abdominal organs are compressed.
- It also improves digestion and functioning of the heart and the lungs.
Precaution of Kukkutasana:-
- Not for the persons who have the problems of gastric ulcer, enlarged spleen, heart and lung like diseases.