Alternative Name :-Cow Face Posture, Cow head Pose, Gomukh Asan, Gomukha Asana
This asana resembles the face of the cow that’s why it is called the 'cow face' or 'gomukhasana'.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- From Knee to Ankle, slide the knees to center stacking the right knee directly over the left.
- It may be helpful to come forward onto the hands and knees to align the knees.
- Then separate the feet and come back to sit between the feet.
- Bring the left arm up towards the ceiling.
- Bend the left elbow, bringing the left hand down the center of the back.
- Bring the right arm out to the right side, bend the elbow and bring the right arm up the center of the back.
- Hold hands behind the back.
- Draw both elbows toward the center.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Hold the position for four to eight breaths and then come back to the relaxed posture.
How it help or Benfits of Gomukhasana:-
- It stretches the ankles, hips and thighs, shoulders, armpits and triceps, and chest.
Precaution of Gomukhasana:-
- Not for the persons who have serious neck, shoulder or knee problems.