The winters (posh and maha mas) are unbearably cold. Even in a hot country like India, the Himalayas in the north and the foothills of the Himalayas at this time of the year due to snow storms, a lot of cold winds are blowing all over the country. In some cold countries of the world, frequent snowfalls occur. Farmers working in the open fields or on high mountains, the poor and the handicapped lying on the sidewalks without covering or covering their bodies, night travelers or soldiers stranded in the distance ... all of them sometimes succumb to sudden snowfall. This is how we read in the newspapers the news that hundreds of people in the world get cold every year.
Winter is the season of wind. Wind is cold in virtue. Another quality of air is compression. The virtue of cold is also to compress. Too much cold can cause the heart and blood vessels to constrict. This means that the body does not get the required blood circulation. The trachea, which absorbs oxygen from the lungs due to the cold, also constricts and suffocates. And the distorted air stops the normal action of the whole body. The muscles become stiff due to extreme cold and become completely inactive.
In order to save a person who has been frozen in time, he should be given warm treatment as opposed to cold air.
- Cover a person who is frozen with warm and heavy blankets, rugs or clothes.
- Use it from an open space in a house or in a barricade where cool air is trapped.
- Keep a hot fireplace around, turn on the heater or heat to give artificial heat to the environment, keep hot water bottles or ‘hot waterbags’ in the patient’s sod, shake the whole body and the bottom of the limbs with a sandbag. If there is no comfort, sleeping in its sod will also give it warmth.
- Rub the whole body of the patient quickly with sesame oil, sesame oil, eucalyptus oil or any such hot oil, rubbing only ginger powder will also be beneficial. Apply ginger or ajma on the soles of the hands and feet.
- Apply ginger, pepper, ginger juice etc. in the eye.
- Drink spicy tea, coffee or decoction. Serve hot ginger ginger; Drink onion, basil or ginger juice.
- Appropriate amount of liquids like grape juice, arjunarisht, nectar, honey etc. should be given.
- Spices like saffron, musk, cinnamon, cloves, linden pepper can be found.
- Miraculous results are seen by giving hemgarbhapotli juice as an emergency medicine in 1/15 gram (Ardhi Rati) honey, basil, ginger or nagarvel leaf juice or by giving Sura of dead life.
- Physicians also use sharp, hot, stimulating and potent herbs like Makardhwaj, Shwasakuthar, Trikatu, Kasturyadi Vati, Sanjeevani Vati etc. to save such a patient.
- Note: - Due to prolonged or severe illness or due to complete suppression of fever, it becomes very necessary to bring back the heat when the body temperature (normal temperature) drops to 3 or 4. It will also be useful in the above heat-giving actions and herbs.