Alternative Name :-Half Twisted Staff Pose, Folded Tiriyaka Dundasana, Tiryaka Dunda Asana, Tiriyak Dund Posture, Tiryak dand Asan.
This asana or posture is same as tiriyaka-dandasana but with a folded leg.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Start with dandasana (staff-pose) .
- Now fold your left leg and the foot close to the right inner thigh.
- Then twist your torso backwards with your arms on the same side.
- Remain in the posture for some time and then repeat it again with the other leg to the opposite side.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- To release, come back to the first position and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Ardha-Tiriyaka-Dandasana:-
- It stretches the spine and makes it flexible.
- It also stretches the legs.
Precaution of Ardha-Tiriyaka-Dandasana:-
- Not for the persons who have chronic knee or back injury.