Alternative Name :-Bow To the Ear Pose, Bow And Arrow Posture, Akarn-Dhanushtankara, Karna-Dhanurasana, Akarna-Dhanush-Tankara Asana, Akaran-Dhanushtankar-Asan
In this asana the body is stretched more like a string of bow when pulled at the time of archery.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Bend the left leg in knee and keep the foot on the thigh of right leg. Keep the right leg straight.
- Hold the big toe of the left leg with right hand; hold it between the thumb and index finger and other 3 fingers to have a good grip of the thumb. Hold big toe of the right leg with left hand.
- Exhale and inhaling start lifting the left foot with the right hand and pull it up to ear. Keep the trunk and neck erect and the sight fixed on the other end of the left hand.
- Continue normal breathing.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Inhale and exhaling, start bringing the foot down and place it on the thigh.
- Restore the hands to their place.
- Take the left foot to original position.
How it help or Benfits of Akaran-Dhanurasana:-
- In this asana great strain is exerted on hand, legs and joints of waist and the knees. Consequently the efficiency of the organs increases.
Precaution of Akaran-Dhanurasana:-
- One should avoid the temptation of attaining the ideal position if strain is unbearable.