Alternative Name :- Prone Posture, Reverse Corpse Pose, Adhav Asan, Adhva Asana
It is the companion position for relaxation; lying on the stomach, with the arms along the body and the palms towards the floor.
How to start OR How to reach the stretch :-
- Lie on your stomach.
- Stretch both arms forward on each side of the head.
- Relax the whole body in the same way as described for Shavasana.
How to end OR How to release the stretch :-
- Stay in the position for some time and then loose your body and relax.
How it help or Benfits of Advasana:-
- Recommended for people with slipped disc, stiff neck, and stooping figure.
- These people will find it not only a useful asana for their ailment but also an excellent sleeping pose.
Precaution of Advasana:-
- Always work within your own capacity.
- Never move into pain.
- Enjoy the pose, and listen to your body. This is your greatest protection for preventing injury.